Faulty and Substandard Jewellery
If your jewellery is faulty or substandard in any way we operate a 14 day no quibble money back guarantee. Please check your goods on delivery. If items do arrive damaged/faulty please let us know within 14 days and arrange to post them back to us. Your return postage costs will be refunded up to a maximum of Royal Mail second class delivery costs for that item. 2nd Class Signed-for postage will be reimbursed if your item cost £50 or more. Special delivery (ie next day guaranteed) will not be reimbursed.
If you find you simply do not like the jewellery you have ordered then we have a very reasonable Returns Policy.
Changed your Mind? Our Returns Procedure
If you find you simply do not like the piece you have ordered then this Jewellery may be returned if unworn and undamaged within 30 days from purchase. We are unable to exchange or refund earrings or body jewellery for hygienic reasons.
Please use the following procedure:
Our Returns Policy
- You must notify us within 14 days of receiving your goods of your intention to return a piece of jewellery by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pack your jewellery carefully in a padded envelope enclosing either a copy of your receipt or the original.
- If you wish to keep the original receipt and are unable to photocopy it then please print off this returns email and enclose it with your jewellery.
- Our Returns Address is: JOTP, 8 Eastbourne Road, Hornsea, East Yorkshire, HU18 1QS, UK
- ESSENTIAL - Attach the correct postage; (a large letter stamp in the UK will cover you up to 100g if your packed envelope is less than 25mm thick) (If you are posting from outside the UK your postage will cost considerably more). All of our items are too big for ordinary letter post (max thickness 5mm), if you do not attach the correct postage and we incur a Royal Mail fine the cost of this will be deducted from your refund.
- Please send items back with proof of postage obtained for your own peace of mind. Please note that should your return parcel be lost in the post you must make enquiries with Royal Mail. Jewellery of the Planet can only take responsibility for outgoing parcels. There are three main options from Royal Mail each with a different price:
- Proof of postage, this service is free of charge from UK post offices, it carries insurance up to £20. If your return does go missing in the post you must make the claim from Royal Mail. We cannot do this for you.
- "Signed For" Delivery, this service incurs a low cost, usually £1.10 on top of your postage cost and provides insurance up to £50
- Special Delivery - next day, this is a very expensive option which we do not reimburse. It provides insurance up to £500
We trust our customer's to be honest however if non returnable jewellery such as earrings and body (pierced) jewellery has been deliberately damaged in order to secure a refund then a refund or exchange will not be issued.
If a discount code has been used (including any free postage offers which are operational from time to time) and an order is only part returned, then all such discounts become non operational and the balance refunded to you will reflect this.
Please allow up to 14 days for your refund, which will be for the full amount you paid for the item you are returning including any outgoing postage costs if applicable. The cost of postage to return the product will not be reimbursed unless the item was faulty.
All refunds will be to the original payment method (credit card or PayPal) no cheque or cash refunds can be offered regardless of whether your account with such credit providers has lapsed.
If you do not inform us within 14 days, then we will have no liability for items said to be damaged/faulty on delivery.
No refunds or exchanges will be issued on any item of jewellery returned after 30 days from purchase.
By placing an order with Jewellery of the Planet you are agreeing to the implied and express terms as listed above. Your statutory rights are not affected.
www.JewelleryOfThePlanet.co.uk is the trading name of Jewellery of the World
VAT Registration 827 8687 69
Back To Delivery & Returns